Ecoply® Barrier for Steel provides a weathertight rigid air barrier for drained and vented cavity systems outside the building frame, effectively replacing traditional building wrap in the cavity while providing structural bracing, a thermal break and forming a strong secondary line of defence against moisture penetration into the building envelope.
Ecoply Barrier for Steel meets the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) requirements for rigid underlays as outlined in section 9.1.4, the performance requirements of Table 23 of E2/AS1, and is suitable for wind zones up to and including Extra High as defined in NASH Standard Part Two: 2019 ‘Light Steel Framed Buildings’.
Ecoply Barrier for Steel panels are engineered to allow the wall system to breathe and dry out, while also preventing the intrusion of exterior moisture. Once the full system has been installed, the system provides a lasting protective barrier.
Ecoply® Barrier for Steel lets you say goodbye to flexible wall underlays and alternate thermal breaks forever. Builders no longer have to worry about installing traditional housewrap or building paper on a windy day or having to return for re-work due to rips, tears or wrap that has blown off the home. Builders building with Ecoply Barrier for Steel may reduce the build time of a house by allowing for early close in (which enables the potential for internal linings to be installed at the same time as claddings). Ecoply Barrier for Steel Panels include a 10mm Expol platinum board to provide the thermal break.
Ecoply Barrier for Steel installs quickly with two easy steps – fasten the panels and tape the seams. Once completed, the system provides moisture protection both during and after construction.
• Builders building with Ecoply Barrier for Steel may reduce the build time of a house by allowing for early close in (which enables the potential for internal linings to be installed at the same time as claddings)
• Structurally rigid home.
“ We're really happy to be living in a way that’s more energy efficient, environmentally aware and self-sustainable ”
- Zane Raphael
Ecoply Barrier for Steel is a full sheathing system developed to prevent unwanted air movement and replace traditional building wrap.
The Ecoply Barrier – Sill Tape, Frame Sealing Tape and Sealing Tape transform our sheathing plywood panels into a seamless protective barrier for your construction project. All tapes are proven to deliver an airtight and watertight seal. The Ecoply Barrier ‘rigid air barrier system’ tapes save you time and money on the job; and you can leave the site with confidence it will perform.
COATING - PANELS
The coating film formulation provides resistance to the effects of exposure to weathering, including sun and moisture, typically experienced during the construction and normal service life of cavity substrate systems. The factory applied powder coat film is specifically formulated for use on Ecoply® Barrier plywood panels.
• The film, formed by the powder coating process, helps resist moisture penetration.
• The edges of Ecoply Barrier for Steel panels are coated and sealed to wrap approximately 10mm around the edges of the sheet. (Plywood face totally coated, with overlap on the rear of boards)
• High film build (60–80 microns), delivers a smoother and more durable sheet surface allowing easier moisture drainage in cavity construction applications.
• Sealer coating contains low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
• The beige coloured sealer coating can be exposed to the external environment for up to 180 days prior to cladding installation.
The Expol platinum backing board is a lightweight rigid foam that can achieve an insulation efficiency of 0.032 W/mk. Expol Platinum backing board is factory fitted to the Ecoply Barrier for direct on site installation.
EXPOL insulation products are made in New Zealand, using an environmentally responsible manufacturing process and are 100% recyclable. 98% of EXPOL insulation product is actually trapped air. The manufacturing of EXPOL products uses no CFCs or HCFCs